Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Brief Introduction

Hi, my name is Gao, Guanfeng. I am the first year graduate student in the department of nuclear, plasma, and radiological engineering. And I graduated from the university of science and technology of China(USTC). My hometown-Huzhou is on the east coast of China, which is in the north of Zhejiang province. And after more than 27 hours' travelling, I finally arrived in Chicago in August 13th. I also slept in the O'Hare airpot that night, which is an exciting experience to me. So I have been in the UIUC for about half a month. Everything here gives me different experiences everyday. I also feel happy when I encounter strange people from different backgrounds. And hope that I will quickly adapt to the American campus life here.

9 comments:

  1. Guanfeng, nice to meet you here. If possible, please write more in your blog post in future since there's a minimum word count limit per post. It would be great if you post a photo of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adapting to the life here is such easy, but language is still a big problem for me.
    SAD...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems your major is very sophisticated. Hope you can involved into new life style soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought travelling to US from China will be less than 27hours.. well, that's just nearly the same as what I got from Jakarta to US. Nice meeting you Gao..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine too! I have to spent 24 hours in the plane, not to mention a couple hours waiting in Seoul to transit. Hope you have smooth adaptation here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took quite long time from China to here. Nice to meet you, Guanfeng.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your major looks awesome. Is there any assay you need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also stayed all night at O'here airport. That was interesting experience to mee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi~Guanfeng~I think people here is really friendly,and you will get get along well with them(including me,ha~).

    ReplyDelete